- The deadline for submissions for the Sotheby’s Prize 2019 is midnight EST on 1 July 2019. After this date, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Exhibitions that are scheduled to open before 1 March 2020 are not eligible for the Sotheby’s Prize 2019.
- If the exhibition is co-curated by two or more institutions, the application must be submitted jointly by all institutions concerned. Applications for co-curated exhibitions submitted by only one institution will be returned, and you will be asked to resubmit jointly.
- Once your application has been submitted, it will be accessible only to the Sotheby’s Prize jury members and limited Sotheby’s staff.
- The recipient of the 2019 Sotheby’s Prize will be announced on 1 November 2019. If the jury intends to select your exhibition, you will be notified prior to this date. The terms of the funding will be mutually agreed upon prior to the announcement.
- Sotheby’s reserves the right to use certain information from your application, including but not limited to the location of your institution, nationality of artist(s) featured in the exhibition, and themes addressed in the exhibition. Should you be selected, you agree that the details of the exhibition, as described in your application, will be released as part of the Sotheby’s Prize announcement on 1 November 2019. Sotheby’s reserves the right to publish this information publicly to promote interest in the Sotheby's Prize.
For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.